Search

Content

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Behind the Scenes: "Paradise Cafe"

"Paradise Cafe"
Digital Painting
I've gotten to the end, and I'm not too sure how. Nonetheless, here I am at the end of a long but crazy, terrifying yet exciting, emotional roller coaster of a first semester. I've met so many beautiful and inspiring people and grown not just as an artist, but as a person as well.

Artistically however, I cannot deny that I've grown. Where I am now compared to where I was four months ago is just incredible. Through all the pain and sleepless nights, I have come to appreciate the harsh and demanding curriculum here at Ringling.

That brings me to the piece offered above. It is my 2D final, completed a few days early (much to the sacrifice of both my back and eyes from late hours in the labs) so I won't have class on Friday.

The task was to create an abstract design and then from that design pull a narrative illustration.




I've included some of my process behind this piece to show my workflow. I'm excited to improve in digital painting the more I work with the medium as I think it could be something fun to create in once I'm more comfortable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something