Search

Content

Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Moment: Breathe

Moon photographed through a telescope
I caught up with a friend last night and had a fantastic open faced Ruben from a local cafe. We stayed there for just about 2 hours, almost until closing, and the entire time I found myself wondering why I don't allow myself to step away from all the busy things in life to just make those small moments of happiness and calm happen.

As I've written before, I'm moving a long ways away from home in my first excursion as a young adult. It is bound to be an exciting adventure, though preparation has proved entirely consuming. I've packed most of my belongings into a trunk and a suitcase and now, looking around the bare walls and emptier shelves, I realize that I am ready to head off and start.

No doubt staying out late last night helped me realize that while the hustle and bustle of preparing and worrying and travelling is very time consuming, there has to be moments to just breathe.

Though the photograph above isn't of last night's moon, the moon last night was magnificent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something