Search

Content

Monday, August 25, 2014

A Moment: Truly, Just A Moment

Seagull at Lido Beach

I knew I was in for an adventure, but all of my excitement, anxiety, and downright fears could not have predicted all that I've already experienced. The move down to Florida was long and a fascinatingly interesting one. My family and I pinged around the state, from Pensacola to Jupiter to Sarasota all in a couple of days. They stayed a few more in Sarasota and then I stayed while they made the long journey north.

In just a week of classes I feel such a big improvement, though a lot of the improvements are not coming through visually just yet. I'm working quicker and more accurately, as well as really listening to other people's input.

Not only are my classes really encouraging and inspiring, just in this first week I had the chance to witness a demo by a professional illustrator and attended a lecture held by Julia Weiss. That'd be the costume designer for one of my favorite films, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. She was so inspirational and I am completely motivated now for this semester.

So, as I glance over my perspective homework and listen to Torchwood in the background, I realize I won't have many quiet moments until November time. I'll still post from time to time, however I want to get the most out of my college to prepare for the future so I'm going to be spending lots of time working on art.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something