Search

Content

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October, Really?

Lido Beach, Sarasota, FL
No, I've not gone off and died. Nearly, quite possibly, for the amount of work that I've had. I've adopted a new sleep schedule of about 4 hours a night and have realized how absolutely wonderful the weather is at 2 in the morning here in Sarasota. 
Honestly though, I am alive and well, a bit stressed perhaps, but all in all still loving what I do and not having many regrets about moving so far away from home. Sure, I miss my family, however I've extended my family with a group of wonderful, spirit raising people that I've found here at school which almost makes up for not being able to give my brother a hug after a rough day at school.
I've gone through and updated my deviant art with some of my classwork, and more will be on the way once I find time to get to a scanner.
Last week was a toughie-I had a slightly negative critique on a piece that I let myself get too attached to and blew it out of proportion. In fact, it ruined my day and the day after. I've learned from it though, and realized that just enjoying the process and being personally happy with the finished product is enough. Criticism is there for you to learn from, and in all honesty, when the professor says "you need to rework this," it is just another opportunity to continue doing what you love doing.
I haven't had a lot of time for personal work, and in fact haven't shot a lot of photography since about three weeks ago.
This brings me to my next point-I had no idea time would move so quickly here. I can hardly believe it is already the 7th of October. There is constantly something to do here. If it isn't work then it is listening to music and dancing with friends, or a beach trip, or a workshop or demo led by someone incredibly inspirational. It can get a bit overwhelming, especially coming from a town where nothing happens, but I'm really just enjoying the ride.
I'm looking into getting a job to start traveling this summer. Canada is in my sights as I'd love to visit Montreal again, and I'm also saving up to hopefully study abroad in Florence, Italy not this summer but next. I'd also really like to bring my brother down to my college and show him around the game art department to inspire him a little.
Not sure when I'll next find time to post, but please do check the DA frequently as I'll be posting classwork, projects, exercises, personal stuff, photography, and maybe some writing later on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something