Search

Content

Monday, January 26, 2015

Behind the Scenes: Indian Beach




I should preface this with a note that I've finally picked up the courage to follow my dreams of photography, and the change in major has been welcome as well as rewarding for me.

I originally headed down to Indian Beach with a group of fellow students to burn old, chemical stained silver prints for a motion project I am currently working on. What ended up happening was more an afternoon full of interesting conversation with both friends and strangers, including these two absolutely lovely individuals I happened to meet named Gerald and Nancy.

This shoot was somewhat of a breakthrough for me. I'm working with a new camera, and a new subject: strangers. One of the things I wish to do through my photography is tell stories-this is why I am drawn to the portrait as a subject. My problem had always been that I was too shy to simply ask to take someone's photograph.

These two welcomed it though, especially after having sat and talked with them for quite a bit about a wide range of subjects. They were so encouraging that I have a lot less fear now when shooting photography in the street. Sometimes it just takes that one person to encourage you before you can enter into something great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something